Do You Know Causes of Diabetes Mellitus
As a kind of autoimmune disease, Type 1 Diabetes is when no insulin is produced at all because the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas have been destroyed. Causes of Type 1 Diabetes can be listed as follows.
1. A predisposition to develop Type 1 Diabetes may run in families.
2. Environmental factors. Common unavoidable viral infections may cause the disease.
3. Ethnicity. People of non-Hispanic, Northern European descent (especially Finland and Sardinia), African Americans, and Hispanic Americans are more likely to develop the disease.
4. Gender. Men are more likely to develop the disease than women.
Type 2 Diabetes refers to the condition that the body either does not produce enough insulin, or the insulin it produces does not work as well as it should (insulin resistance). Risk factors for developing Type 2 Diabetes include the following:
1. High blood pressure.
2. High blood triglyceride (fat) levels.
3. High-fat diet.
4. High alcohol intake.
6. Ethnicity. Certain groups, such as African Americans, Native Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Japanese Americans, are more likely to develop the disease than non-Hispanic white.
7. Aging. Risk of the disease begins to rise significantly at about age 45 years, and rises considerably after age 65 years.
Recognizing causes of Diabetes Mellitus can help you take effective measures to prevent your disease. People with Diabetes Mellitus also have risks of severe complications including coronary heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, retinopathy, nephropathy, neuropathy which cause systemic damages to your body. Therefore, you should receive prompt and effective treatment to avoid further aggravation of your own condition. Stem Cell Transplant is the newest treatment for Diabetes Mellitus which can help you regain a normal life.
Do you have any question? You can leave a message.A detailed analysis of your condition by our experts can greatly guide your treatment and daily care.