New Diagnosis Criterion of Diabetes
1. People with typical symptoms of Diabetes (polyuria, polydipsia, inexplicable weight losing), blood glucose test at any time is equal or higher than 11.1mmol/L, one can be diagnosed as Diabetes.
2. Fasting blood-glucose (FBG) ≥7.0mmol/L, Diabetes.
1. Fasting blood-glucose(FBG) <6.11mmol/L, normal.
2. blood glucose two hours after a meal<7.77mmol/L, normal.
Ⅲ. Impaired Glucose Tolerance
1. when blood glucose two hours after a meal is >7.77mmol/L, but<11.1mmol/L, and this can be diagnosed as Impaired Glucose Tolerance.
2. when fasting blood glucose is ≥6.11mmol/L,but<6.99mmo/L, it can be diagnosed as Impaired Fasting Glucose.
When doctor is making a diagnosis, clinical symptoms should also be considered. If there are typical symptoms of Diabetes, fasting blood glucose or blood glucose after a meal comes up to the criterion aforementioned only once, the patient can be diagnosed as Diabetes. If there is no symptoms, only fasting blood glucose and blood glucose are both higher than the criterion, will the patient be diagnosed as Diabetes.
We invite you to use the online request form to type your concerns. This is a secure area. The information you enter and submit is confidential.A patient access specialist will contact you within 24-48 hours.