Effective Precautions for People with Diabetic Nephropathy (Diabetic Kidney Disease)
About 10 to 20 percent of all Diabetics will develop Diabetic Nephropathy, but we can take effective precautions to delay or even prevent the condition.
1. Carefully control of glucose levels. Strictly limit intake of heat, maintain good control of blood sugar and avoid factors which can cause blood sugar fluctuation, such as emotional changes, infection, etc.
2. Keep blood pressure in a healthy range which should be kept below a peak level of 130mmHg and below a bottom number of 80mmHg.
Person who has both Diabetes and high blood pressure should regularly take one of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE inhibitors), including lisinopril, enalapril, moexipril, benazepril and so on. You can either choose one of angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs), including losartan, valsartan, etc.
3. Keep a low-protein diet and intake sufficient vitamin and microelement. The amount of protein intake is lower than 0.8g/kg per day and high-quality protein is a better choice like meat, egg, and fish. All of Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Zn, Ca and iron have renal protective effect.
4. No smoking. Smoking is an important factor to aggravate the disease.
5. Avoid having drugs toxic to the kidneys.
All above are effective precautions for people with Diabetic Nephropathy (Diabetic Kidney Disease), which are necessary to delay and prevent the development of disease.
As to the treatment, Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital use Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy and Stem Cell Transplantation. For more detailed information, please consult our experts online.
Do you have any question? You can leave a message.A detailed analysis of your condition by our experts can greatly guide your treatment and daily care.