What are the Differences between Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes?
1. If you obviously gain some weight when you have Diabetes, it mostly belongs toType2 Diabetes. The more obvious of the fatness, the easier of people to acquire Type 2 Diabetes. At the beginning stage of Type1 Diabetes, the patient’s weight is normal or a little lighter. But whether it is Type1 or Type 2 Diabetes, after they get the Diabetes they will find that they are losing weight to different degree, and Type 1 Diabetic patient is much thinner.
2. Type1 Diabetes is usually seen in the people who are under 40 years old, and also the teenagers under 20 and children. While Type 2 Diabetes is usually seen in people above 40. it is rare to have Type1 Diabetes if you are 50 years old or older. In a word, the younger the easier to get Type1 Diabetes, the older the easier to get Type2 Diabetes.
3. The two types of Diabetes can both cause various acute and chronic complications, but there are some differences.
4. As for the acute complications, Type1 Diabetes can easily cause ketoacidosis (DKA). But for the older people it is more easily to get nonketotic hyperosmolar coma (NKHC).
5. As for the chronic complications, Type1 Diabetes is much easier to cause diabetic retinopathy, Nephropathy, and Neuropathy. And it is not easy to cause vessel arterios clerosis of heart, brain, kidney or limbs. But for Type2 Diabetes, it can not only cause the diseases also caused by Type1 Diabetes, but can also cause hypertension. So the Type 2 Diabetic patient is easier to have coronary disease and cerebro vascular accident. This is the most obvious difference.
6. Type1 Diabetes can only be controlled by injection of insulin. It is useless to have oral hypoglycimic agents. Type2 Diabetes can be controlled by a proper diet and oral hypoglycimic agents. But if the oral medicine becomes useless and the pancreatic B cell functions fail or there are severe acute/chronic complications, insulin will also be needed.
In treating Diabetes, it can not only focus on lowering the sugar, but should focus on the repair of the damaged pancreatic tissue and the rebuilding of the pancreas islet functions. So Diabetes can be treated fundamentally, and the patients can have much greater chance to get rid of insulin or the medications. Either Type 1 Diabetes or Type 2 Diabetes, Immunotherapy can exert a great function and achieve the best result it can. 】
If you want to know more about Diabetes, or Immunotherapy, you can email us, or consult us online.
We invite you to use the online request form to type your concerns. This is a secure area. The information you enter and submit is confidential.A patient access specialist will contact you within 24-48 hours.