How to Know If You Have Diabetes
Here is a list of the most common Diabetes symptoms:
(1) Frequent urination: Diabetes patients have an increase of urine which is 3000-4000ml and some are up even to 10000ml a day. There is a frequent urination and some patients might have it 20 times a day. Because of the high blood sugar, they can not be made full use of. What is worse, when they are filtered out by glomeruli, they can not be reabsorbed by the renal tubulars so that the osmotic diuresis is formed. The higher of the blood sugar level is, the more urine will occur. And the more urine, the more sugar will be discharged, which forms a vicious circle.
(2) Increased thirst: the large amount of urine will lead to the large loss of water in the cells. As a result, the main center of thirst will be stimulated and they have to drink water as a supplement. So the more the urine, the larger amount of water intake is needed.
(3) Polyphagia: if the lost sugar in the urine is above 500g per day, the body will be in the undernourished state. The lack of energy can cause hyperorexia, the increase of food intake, the higher blood sugar, the increase of urine sugar.
(4)Emaciation: because the body can not make full use of glucose, the degradation of fat and proteins will increase, which will cause the weight loss if they are consumed too much.
(5) Fatigue: because of the metabolic disorder, the energy can not be released normally and the tissue cells dehydrate, causing the abnormal of electrolyte. So, patients will feel sick and they will be in low spirits.
(6) Dysopia: Diabetes can cause complications in various parts of our body and even visual deterioration, amaurosis and blindness will also occur.
(7) Sexual Dysfunction: Diabetes will lead to pathological changes of vessels and mental block, and these changes will lead to impotence for man, sexual apathy and mental disorder for woman.
(8) Syndrome X: Type2 Diabetes can cause conditions such as insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia. So symptoms like high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia (HLP), obesity, coronary heart disease and high blood viscosity can be presented together.
Besides these symptoms, pruritus vulvue, pruritus skin, alopecia can also occur to Diabetes patients.
With good blood glucose and blood pressure control, many of the complications of diabetes can be prevented.
Studies have shown that strict control of blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure levels in persons with diabetes helps reduce the risk of kidney disease, eye disease, nervous system disease, heart attack, and stroke. If you have any other problem, you are always welcome to consult our online experts.
We invite you to use the online request form to type your concerns. This is a secure area. The information you enter and submit is confidential.A patient access specialist will contact you within 24-48 hours.