Diabetics: Pay Attention to Your Uric Acid (UA) Level
Three main factors of Hyperuricemia:
1. Insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia at the early stage for Type 2 Diabetes patients
2. The kidneys’ ability of discharging UA (uric acid) declines, but the blood sugar is well controlled
3. Diabetic Nephropathy: renal insufficiency will lead to secondary hyperuricemia gout
Eight Kinds of people should be watched carefully
1. People who are 60 years old
2. Diabetics especially patients with Type 2 Diabetes
3. Middle-aged males who are obese and females in the menopause
4. Patients with high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, coronary heart disease, cardiovascular disease etc.
5. Patients with Arthritic especially those who are middle aged or more
6. Patients with Kidney Stone
7. People who have a family history of gout
8. People who have the hobby of drinking alocohol or having meat especially those who are middle aged or elder citizens.
Patients with Hyperuricemia should receive different treatment according to their specific conditions. The general treatment principles are:
1. Avoid taking medications or foods which can elevate the Uric Acid level. The foods include animal’s internal organs, seafood, sardine, anchovy, trichiurus haumela and so on.
2. Drink more water to keep the PH at about 6.5; the urine volume should be about 2000ml per day to accelerate the discharge of Uric Acid
3. Control body weight, keep the blood sugar, blood pressure under control; enhance the sensitivity of insulin to alleviate the hyperinsulinemia
4. Take medicines scientifically as directed by the physician for fear of the occurrence of gout
What is more, patients should keep the blood sugar in control when they bring the Uric Acid level down. Patients should receive treatment as early as possible to prevent the occurrence of Diabetic Nephropathy (Diabetic Kidney disease).
We invite you to use the online request form to type your concerns. This is a secure area. The information you enter and submit is confidential.A patient access specialist will contact you within 24-48 hours.